Race Times: Saturday, October 3, 2015
7:30 AM Kids' 1K Fun Run (3-10 Years)
8:00 AM 5K/10K Run (Wave Starts)
8:05 AM 5K Walk
- The Race Starting Line is at the Seal Beach Community Center, 151 Marina Drive, Seal Beach, CA 90740. (View Map)
- We allow runners/walkers with baby strollers but we request that you line up in the last timing wave.
- The same holds true for participants with dogs. Dogs must be maintained on a short leash 100 percent of the time.
- Supervision is provided for children who are registered for the 1K Fun Run at our Kids Fun Zone at the pier area while the parents race.
Race Packet Pick-Up
Packet pick-up is held at the Seal Beach Community Center, 151 Marina Drive, Seal Beach, during the following times. There will be No Late Registrations.
Friday, October 2, 2015 - 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday, October 3, 2015 - 6:30am - 7:45am
We allow others to pick up for you. They must kindly tell the staff their name and we will make note next to yours so that there is no confusion. We ask that they check and verify all information on your bib for accuracy at that time.
All registered runners will receive a high quality t-shirt. Shirt sizes are not guaranteed. Sorry, but Kids 1K shirts are for children registered for the Kids 1K Fun Run Event Only.
Timing and Awards
Timing results for the 5K & 10K participants are based on chip times. Chip times start when you actually cross the start mat and end when you cross the finish mat. You must be wearing your BIB to receive a time. Please note that you should wear your bib in an area on your front that is least impacted by sweat and moisture. They timing chips are highly sensitive to both.
Runners and walkers will be timed based on the event that they are registered for. If you decide to switch courses in the middle of the run, you will be timed on the event as registered. You can change your event designation at the registration center prior to the race start only. Post race changes and adjustments will not be made.
Awards are given to the top three (3) finishers in each of eighteen divisions with special awards for overall event champions of the 5K and 10K Runs. Overall top Male and Female awards are also given. The first / top Seal Beach Male and Female to finish each of the 5K and 10K Runs will each receive a special award. Ribbons are given to all children participating in the Kids' 1K Fun Run. Winners must be present to claim their award. Awards will not be mailed.
We do not have "Finisher" medals.
Divisions: 10 & Under, 11 - 12, 13 - 14, 15 - 16, 17 - 19, 20 - 24, 25 - 29, 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65 - 69, 70 - 74, 75 - 79, 80 and Over.
Both 5K & 10K courses are run on city streets which are asphalt paved.
The 10K Course - 6.2 Miles
This looped course starts at First and Marina Drive and heads down First Street. Turn left on Ocean, continuing on Ocean to Seal Beach Blvd, crossing Pacific Coast Hwy. Follow Seal Beach Blvd. to Westminster Blvd. Left on Westminster to the San Gabriel River Bed. Turn left onto the River Bed Path and exit at the Marina Bridge. Left to First Street, right onto First Street, left on Ocean to the finish line at the pier.
There are two (2) water stations provided on the 10K course. Water Stop 1: located at mile marker 2 on Seal Beach Boulevard.near McGaugh Elementary School. Water Stop 2: located at mile marker 4 on Westminster Boulevard at Island Village.
The course has minor elevation between miles 1 and 2 going to a max of 62'. Elevations for each mile marker are: Start Line: 26', Mile 1: 6' , Mile 2: 52' , Mile 3: 19', Mile 4: 6', Mile 5: 13', Mile 6: 16', Finish: 13'.
Click here for 10K Route Mapping - Course Route with Elevation information for 10K Run .
The 5K Course - 3.1 Miles
This looped course starts at First and Marina Drive and heads down First Street. Turn left on Ocean, continuing on Ocean to Seal Beach Blvd. Turn around just before PCH. Right on Electric merging onto Marina Drive. To First Street, left to Ocean. Left on Ocean to the finish line at the pier.
There is one (1) water station provided for the 5K route located at mile 1.5 on Electric Avenue.
The course is basically flat and a very lovely walk through Historic Old Town Seal Beach.
Click here for 5K Route Mapping - Course Route with Elevation information for 5K Run & Walk
Parking is limited in Seal Beach. We recommend that you arrive early and pick up your packet on Friday night, if possible. Below are some general parking suggestions for you, however we emphasis that you should not park in or in front of private driveways or in Private Commercial Parking Lots as you will be subject to towing.
- Pier Parking Lot - On Ocean Blvd at Main Street. Park here and walk to start line (about 6 blocks). Since the race finishes at the Pier, this is the best Parking Area.
- First Street Parking Lot - At the corner of Ocean Blvd and First St. You will not be able to access this lot after 7:30 AM. Must arrive early.
- 8th Street Parking Lot - At the corner of Central and 8th by the Fire Station (about 6 blocks from start line, 3 blocks from finish line).
- Alamitos Bay Marina - Crab Pot parking lot will be available to our runners on race day. - 215 N. Marina Drive, Long Beach. This lot is 2 blocks from the start line. See image location below. Does not include parking zone by Khoury's or McKenna's restaurants! You will be subject to towing at that part of the lot.
Be aware that on race day, you cannot get to this lot from Old Town Seal Beach. You will have to enter from PCH or 2nd street onto Marina to get here. The bridge will be closed early that morning.
- Street Parking - Be aware that many streets have 1 hour only parking on one side. Be sure to check the signs when you park.
Street Closure Information
The following is a list of areas that will be impacted on race day.
Marina Bridge - Closed from 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM
First Street - from Trailer Park to Marina Drive - 6:00 AM - 8:15 AM
First Street - from Marina Drive to Ocean Avenue - 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Ocean Avenue - from First Street to 7th Street - 7:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Ocean Avenue - from 7th Street to Electric & Landing - 7:00AM - 10:00 AM
Seal Beach Blvd - from Electric to PCH - 7:15 AM - 9:00 AM
Seal Beach Blvd - From PCH to Westminster - 1 Lane of westbound traffic side will be closed but open to through traffic in other lanes to PCH.
Westminster Blvd - From Seal Beach Blvd to River Trail Input - 1 lane of southbound traffic side will be closed but open to through traffic in other lanes.
Intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Blvd - will be closed from 8:05AM - 8:15 AM.