2015 Kids Fun Run Theme
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAL BEACH”
2015 Kid's Fun Run Design Contest Is Closed
Our 2015 Kid's 1K Fun Run Shirt Design contest is in full swing and entries are now closed. The winning design will be featured on our Kids Run shirts and the winner will lead off the run on race day, Saturday March 21, 2015. Winners will be announced by end of January 2015.
ABOUT THE RUN SEAL BEACH™ KID'S 1K FUN RUN & FUN ZONE
Click HERE to see a short video on our program!
The Run Seal Beach™ Kids Fun Run is a unique program for children up to ten (10) years of age because we include supervised running and a safe Fun Zone area at the finish line. Guides run alongside the kids, ensuring all children complete the course. Parent's are welcome to be on the course with their child, but children must be registered to be on the course. Children must be at least 3 years of age or older to be in the Fun Zone to insure proper supervision and safety standards are met. The 1K course starts at the corner of Marina and First Street and ends at the park north of the Pier. A diagram is below for reference.
Our Kid's Fun Zone is a unique attribute of our race that makes us stand out among all others. The Fun Zone is a Kid Safe, secure area with lots of supervision. This program is only available to children who have registered to run the 1K race (over the age of 3) . Kids are entertained from the time they complete their run with activities such as games, face painting, crafts, and more. We provide a Gluten and Nut Free Zone.
We provide custom security banding for all children who will be in our Fun Zone. This allows parents to run the 5K or 10K while their child runs the 1K and the child is secure until parents finish their run. No child is released from the Kid's Fun Zone without proper matching identification.
To ensure a safe and fun event for all, we ask that parents read and follow these guidelines:
- Parents are allowed to run with their child in the fun run, but we have Fun Run Route Guides, if you'd prefer to save your energy for the 5/10K. Make sure you check in with one of the guides at the front of the kids run line by 7:20 AM. You do not have to register to simply run with your child for this event only.
- If you are running alongside a child with another child in a stroller, please make sure you stay to the side or back so you don't trip others. Again, those simply running with the registered child do not need to be regisistered for this event.
- Pick up your packet the day before at the Marina Center. We will be open for packet pick up from 3-8 pm.
- Parking information is available by clicking HERE. Scroll to bottom of page for information.
- Review with your child the night before the race route (your may want to drive by the route if you are able) and the location of the fun run. Make a family plan for meeting and don't change the plan.
- For best identification, please have your child wear their Kids 1K race t-shirt and race number! If it's cold that morning, have them wear a long sleeve t-shirt underneath their race shirt.
- The I.D. wristbands are your child's ticket into the fun zone and child must be over the age of 3. No exceptions. Please make sure you prepare your wristband according to the guidelines in the packet.
- Kids 1K Fun Run starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. so be at the starting line no later than 7:20 a.m. to get your child in line.
- Have your child eat a light breakfast and drink some water early in the morning.
- Parents must pick up their children at the Fun Zone by 9:30 a.m.
- Our volunteers are ready to provide a fun time for all the kids in the fun zone with crafts and games! We'll have water, dye-free popsicles and fruit too!
Fun Run Route Map