Congratulations to the entire Kid's Fun Run Volunteer Staff!
More than 420 kids 11 & under particpated in the Fun Run & Zone this year.
Below is our 2013 winning design to our theme "Flying to the Finish Line" designed by Liberty Osti. Congratulations Liberty!
ABOUT THE RUN SEAL BEACH KID'S 1K FUN RUN & FUN ZONE
The Run Seal Beach Kids Fun Run is a unique program for children up to eleven (11) years of age because we include supervised running and a safe Fun Zone area at the finish line. Fun Zone guides run alongside the kids, ensuring all children complete the course.
We provide custom security banding for all children who will be in our Fun Zone. This allows parents to run the 5K or 10K while their child runs the 1K and the child is secure until parents finish their run. No child is released from the Kid's Fun Zone without proper matching identification.
Our Kid's Fun Zone is a unique attribute of our race that makes us stand out among all others. The Fun Zone is a Kid Safe, secure area, with more than a 6-to-1 ratio of supervision. This program is only available to children who have registered to run the 1K race. Kids are entertained from the time they complete their run with activities such as games, face painting, crafts, and more. We provide a Gluten and Nut Free Zone.
Our custom Kids' 1K t-shirt is designed especially for our youth runners. The design is done by a local grade school student who leads off the race with our Mascot -- Sammy Seal.
To ensure a safe and fun event for all, we ask that parents read and follow these guidelines:
- Parents are allowed to run with their child in the fun run, but we have Fun Zone guides, if you'd prefer to save your energy for the 5/10K. So make sure you check in with one of the guides at the front of the kids run line.
- If you are running alongside a child with another child in a stroller, please make sure you stay to the side or back so you don't trip others.
- Pick up your packet the day before at the Marina Center. We will be open for packet pick up from 3-8 pm.
- Review with your child the night before the race route (your may want to drive by the route if you are able) and the location of the fun run. Make a family plan for meeting and don't change the plan!
- For best identification, please have your child wear their Kids 1K race t-shirt and race number! If it's cold that morning, have them wear a long sleeve t-shirt underneath their race shirt.
- The I.D. wristbands are your child's ticket into the fun zone. No exceptions. Please make sure you prepare your wristband according to the guidelines in the packet.
- Kids 1K Fun Run starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. so be at the starting line no later than 7:20 a.m. to get your spot!
- Have your child eat a light breakfast and drink some water early in the morning.
- Parents must pick up their children at the Fun Zone by 9:30 a.m.
- Our volunteers are ready to provide a fun time for all the kids in the fun zone with crafts and games! We'll have water, dye-free popsicles and fruit too!